iPhone users are always wondering how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 . Jailbreaking and unlocking were terms that were used predominantly by geeks in the past. However, these days, anyone who is capable of using an iPhone can easily jailbreak the device and unlock it. If you haven’t read about how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0, you are missing out a whole new world and it is time to take action. The process of jailbreaking and unlocking iPhone is so simple that with basic computer knowledge, you can enjoy iPhone 3G 3.0 jailbreak. It is always advisable to read about how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 because you have a few options to consider and a few things to remember before jailbreaking.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 won’t unlock automatically
Despite the popularity of jailbreaking and unlocking, a lot of people confuse about jailbreaking and unlocking. When you read how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0, you will learn that jailbreaking will only remove the restrictions imposed by Apple on the iOS firmware and it doesn’t provide unlocking. Unlocking is a whole new concept that allows you to use your iPhone with any carrier SIM card. Generally, iPhones are SIM locked to a particular provider and you won’t be able to use with another provider without unlocking.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 without bricking the phone?
Even though you can learn that to jailbreak iPhone 3G using free tools is simple, it is not without its risks. Many users who use the free methods for to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 say that they are not happy with the jailbreak as it bricks the phone. The term bricking refers to non-functioning iPhone that turns to become nothing more than a shiny brick. In order to know how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 without bricking it, you should first learn to choose the right jailbreaking method. The iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team come up with free jailbreak tools to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0. When you read closely about the development of free programs for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.2.1, you will know that they are attempts by hackers and bugs are found almost at all times. If you are not happy with free jailbreak, you can restore using iTunes and choose a reliable jailbreak method.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 using Pwnage Tool?
The iPhone 3G is one of the older models of iPhone and these days, you can’t get this iPhone model. The 3.0 iOS operating system is also pretty outdated, but iPhone 3G works smoothly only with 3.0. In fact, many users experienced sluggish performance when they started using 4.x on iPhone 3G. So, if you have iPhone 3G on 3.0, you are one of those lucky souls to have a possible unlockable baseband using free method. Pwnage Tool is designed to work on Mac OS X only, but it provides untethered jailbreak.
- Step 1: Download iOS 3.0 firmware, iTunes and Pwnage Tool bundle.
- Step 2: Run Pwnage Tool and select your device.
- Step 3: The tool will automatically look for the iOS 3.0 firmware, but if it can’t find, you can browse and select the ipsw firmware you have downloaded earlier.
- Step 4: Your phone should be activated using official carrier SIM card first in order to continue to use Pwnage Tool.
- Step 5: Then, Pwnage Tool will create a custom ipsw firmware bundle exclusively for your device.
- Step 6: You have to put your iPhone in DFU mode using the onscreen instruction. If you have already pwned your iPhone, it will enter into recovery mode.
- Step 7: Close Pwnage Tool after getting confirmation for custom ipsw firmware.
- Step 8: Connect to iTunes and click on Restore button while holding Option button down. Then, point to the custom ipsw firmware built by Pwnage Tool.
- Step 9: Reboot iPhone and now, you have understood free method for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 when you run into problems?
The free methods for jailbreaking iPhone 3G are not guaranteed methods to jailbreak iPhone and so, you may often encounter problems during the jailbreak process. Especially, when you rely on unlocking, you may accidentally or unknowingly upgrade iPhone iOS firmware baseband and in that case, unlock is not possible. Moreover, bugs in the freeware can result in failure of some of the existing features of iPhone.
If you want guaranteed method for iPhone 3G 3.0 Unlock, then you should use software that is recommended by experts. The computer software method will allow you to follow the visual guide to complete the jailbreak process. Moreover, computer software will not only provide solution for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 but also provide unlocking as a part of the package.