iPhone users who want to explore more about their iPhone often ask how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1. If you are already satisfied with what your iPhone currently performs, then you will enjoy jailbreak even more because the functionality of your device will be extended further with jailbreak. The jailbreak solutions will remove all the restrictions imposed by Apple on your device so that you will be able to use apps and tools you want with your iPhone. Before getting excited, you should learn more about how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 to avoid making mistakes during jailbreaking.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 – benefits of Jailbreaking
The biggest benefit of knowing how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 is that you can use third party apps and tools that are otherwise unavailable. The App store contains millions of apps, but these apps are restricted by Apple from accessing deeper parts of iOS kernels. This restriction prevents the developers from actually developing useful apps. The hackers and jailbreakers on the other hand will be able to access any layer of iOS kernel and that is why you should know how to jailbreak an iPhone with 3G 4.1. Moreover, iPhones are factory locked to one provider approved by Apple. You can use unlocking methods to unlock the device after jailbreaking so that you can use any SIM card with your iPhone.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 – Risks associated with Jailbreaking
Any user interested in jailbreak should learn how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 using different methods. The availability of different methods allows you to make the right choice when it comes to jailbreaking. If you end up using the wrong method, you may brick your iPhone. This will render your iPhone useless and you will not be able to use the warranty to replace your iPhone because of jailbreaking. While choosing free methods for iphone 3G jailbreaking, you may have to face errors with iTunes restore and the software’s custom ipsw firmware creation. In that case, you should only seek help from online forums and it may take some time to rectify the error.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 using manual method
The manual method for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 is very risky and we strongly recommend that you don’t use the manual method to jailbreak the iPhone. This may result in permanent hardware failure and your iPhone will be nothing more than a shiny paperweight.
- Step 1: Turn off your iPhone.
- Step 2: Open your iPhone and make sure that you purchase the necessary tool set to open the phone.
- Step 3: Search on the internet to find a shop selling jumper for your iPhone 3G. This jumper is essentially a computer chip that overrides the settings of Apple on your iPhone. You should put the chip in the appropriate place, otherwise, you may end up shorting internal circuits, resulting in permanent damage of your iPhone.
- Step 4: Turn on your iPhone and reboot it.
- Step 5: Test successful jailbreaking by trying to download third party apps and tools that are not previously allowed by Apple.
When you like to follow the manual method to jailbreak 4.1 on 3G, you should understand that you won’t be able to get Cydia jailbreak app store. Basically, this manual jailbreaking is not as good as it sounds because without Cydia, you are missing most of the advantages of jailbreaking.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 using software based jailbreak tool
The iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team provide answers to the question of jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 windows through their free software based jailbreak tools. The free jailbreak methods are found to be successful in jailbreaking iPhones, but the free methods don’t always provide the guarantee required for jailbreak. In fact, no one can really provide any guarantee that the free software based jailbreak will work for you. Moreover, when there are issues with free methods for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1, you are really all on your own.
- Step 1: Download the free software like Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze, GreenPois0n or Limera1n you want to use for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1.3.
- Step 2: Install latest version of iTunes in your Windows or Mac machine. Download iOS 4.1 firmware to your desktop.
- Step 3: If you are using Redsn0w, click on Restore in iTunes first and point to iOS 4.1 firmware file to upgrade to iOS 4.1. This will result in baseband upgrade. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Step 4: Run the jailbreak tool and point to iOS 4.1 firmware you downloaded earlier. Then, wait for the jailbreak device to complete generation of custom ipsw firmware.
- Step 5: Click on Shift (Windows) or Alt (Mac) and press on Restore button in iTunes.
- Step 6: Reboot your device to ensure that it is jailbroken.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 using easy jailbreak software
All the hassle of jailbreaking can be eliminated if you use the software recommended by experts for how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1. Apart from jailbreaking, you can also unlock the device using the same software.